For more information:
Design © Sue Pocock
Tisbury Footpath Club
Tisbury village lies in the heart of the Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs AONB. The surrounding countryside has stunning landscapes and natural beauty to explore and enjoy. The extensive network of footpaths and bridleways takes you through fields, woodland, open country and picturesque villages. It’s a great place for walking.
Tisbury Footpaths pdf
Monthly Weekend Walks
Summer Evening Walks
Tisbury Footpath Club
More information and details of our upcoming events are available on our Facebook page
The Footpath Club has a varied programme of walks throughout the year, including walks on our local paths and further afield. We walk as a group, and each walk is led by one of our members. New members are always welcome.
Our programme is made up as follows:
• WEEKEND WALKS - Monthly throughout the year, typically 5-6 miles and taking 2.5 – 3 hours. Within 15 miles of Tisbury.
• EVENING WALKS - Twice a month from May to August, typically 3 – 4 miles and taking 1.5 – 2 hours. From Tisbury or its surrounding villages.
• SPRING OUTING - In April we have a full day’s outing offering walks of different lengths, typically 5, 7.5 and 11 miles long. We share cars and travel to a destination beyond our local area.
• SUMMER OUTING - In July we have a full day’s outing offering walks of different lengths typically 5, 7.5 and 11 miles long. We hire a coach for the whole day which allows us to drop off groups of walkers at different locations, who then head for a common destination.
Poppy seeds have an incredible lifespan and can remain active in fertile soil for up to 8 years.
Footpaths TISB41, TISB 44 and SWAL7 on a glorious spring day.
Looking Towards Castle Ditches
Dryopteris filix-mas, or Shuttlecock Fern, widespread throughout the British Isles.
A well deserved rest halfway through a long walk!
West Tisbury Footpaths pdf
Footpath to Tisbury Row
Tisbury from Chantry Hill
Old Wardour Castle
Exploring in and around
the Nadder Valley, Wiltshire
• PRESERVING AND MAINTAINING OUR FOOTPATHS -
We work hard to preserve and maintain our local footpaths, preserving routes, installing and repairing gates and stiles, way marking and clearing vegetation. Volunteers carry out regular maintenance works on the second Monday of each month and work in conjunction with Wiltshire Council's Senior Footpath Warden for South Wiltshire. If you have an occasional morning to spare, help would be appreciated. However, you are very welcome to simply join us on our walks, there is no obligation to assist with maintenance.
Walks Programme pdf
Adult £1 Child 50p